Echo Entertainment Group
This Privacy Statement sets out the Echo Entertainment Group’s commitment to safeguard your personal information.
“We”, “us”, “our” and “Echo Entertainment Group” means Echo Entertainment Group through all its business divisions, including its subsidiaries (“Echo Entertainment Group”). The subsidiaries and businesses involved in Echo Entertainment Group include – The Star Pty Ltd (The Star Hotel and Casino), Jupiters Limited (Jupiters Hotel & Casino, Gold Coast and Treasury Casino & Hotel, Brisbane) and Breakwater Island Limited as responsible entity of the Breakwater Island Trust (Jupiters Townsville Hotel and Casino), for which Jupiters Limited may act as agent. The businesses of Echo Entertainment Group also include an interest in managing the Gold Coast Convention and Entertainment Centre and the Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre.
For further information about our business divisions and subsidiaries, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below.
Compliance with privacy legislation
This Privacy Statement describes the purposes for which we may collect, store, use and disclose your personal information. It generally applies whenever you give personal information to us when you use our products or services or when we do business with you.
This Privacy Statement covers your dealings with any company in the Echo Entertainment Group.
This Privacy Statement describes how we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988, including the National Privacy Principles.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is generally defined as information or an opinion that can identify a person. This information could include information such as your name, postal or email address, date of birth, image and financial details.
The type of personal information that we may collect from you will depend on the dealings you may have with us. For example, we may require more information about you when you apply for a membership rewards card (e.g. production of identification documents) than we may require to enable you to enter a competition or check into a hotel.
If it is reasonable or practical to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you use our products and services or enter into arrangements with us. Depending on the product or service that we provide to you, we may collect your personal information from third parties. If you are an agent who has, or is entering into, an arrangement to provide products and services on our behalf, we may also collect your personal information from credit reporting agencies.
We also have obligations to collect personal information under anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation.
Use of personal information
We operate a number of businesses which handle personal information.
The general purposes for which we may collect and hold your personal information (and share that information with related companies) are:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with the product or service that you have requested and any benefits you may subsequently become entitled to in relation to that product or service;
- to manage and administer a product or service to you on an ongoing basis;
- to protect your use of the product or service, and our ability to provide that product or service;
- if you are an agent who is entering into an arrangement to provide products and services on our behalf, to obtain a credit report from a credit reporting agency to assess an application for commercial credit;
- to obtain a credit report or other information from a credit reporting agency or financial services provider to assess an application for any form of credit or payment facility which may be extended or offered to you; and
- to comply with any obligations that we may have under laws that apply to our business, such as preparing player activity statements and monitoring the responsible provision of gambling services in our casinos, including the exclusion of patrons from our casinos.
Companies in the Echo Entertainment Group may use the information collected from you by one of the other companies in the Echo Entertainment Group.
We may also use the information we collect about you, including your use of our products and services, to keep you informed about our products and services where they are relevant to your continued use of those products and services or your preferences.
Information about the way and frequency with which you use our products and services may also be used by us for the purposes of quality control and to develop and improve the products and services that we are able to offer to you.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by or under law or where the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the law. This may occur under the laws that apply to our business, for example, where a regulatory authority requests information from us. This includes obligations that we have under anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation and in connection with our obligations relating to the responsible provision of gambling services.
So that we can provide you with new and better products and services, we may also disclose your personal information as between companies in the Echo Entertainment Group.
In addition, there are circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information to another organisation for particular purposes that are important to help us to operate our business. These circumstances are described in detail below.
Sharing information with other organisations
We will not sell your personal information to other organisations outside the Echo Entertainment Group.
We will generally only give another organisation access to your personal information when the other organisation is providing services to us that help us to operate our business or to provide a service to you.
We require these organisations to agree to our Privacy Statement, meet strict conditions on the use of personal information, and to comply with the National Privacy Principles in the use, storage and disclosure of your personal information.
Such organisations are those that assist us:
- to provide, manage or administer the products and services that we offer. This includes service providers (such as mail house providers, printers and advertising agencies), postal services, call centres, customer research agencies and our advisers;
- to maintain, review, and develop our business systems, procedures and infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer software;
- with reviews of our business operations and structure;
- to collect outstanding debts; and
- with developing and planning new products and services.
We may also share your personal information with an organisation where we have obtained your consent.
We may also collect and use your personal information so that we can promote and market our products and services, promotions and upcoming events to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages).
We will only send you this information if:
- you have indicated your consent to receiving such information; or
- such information is related to the purpose for which we originally collected your personal information.
We send this information to keep you informed of our new products and services and special offers, but if you don’t want us to do this, you can contact us at any time to let us know that you no longer want to receive this information.
Such marketing may be undertaken by one or more of the companies in the Echo Entertainment Group using your personal information.
Surveillance of venues
The venues in the Echo Entertainment Group are subject to video and at times audio surveillance for security reasons.
Details of suspected or actual illegal and undesirable activities on our premises may be shared with other casinos, law enforcement bodies and regulatory bodies such as the New South Wales Casino Liquor and Gaming Control Authority and the Queensland Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing.
Your privacy on the internet
We provide links to other websites. These linked websites are not under our control. We are not responsible for the conduct of organisations linked to our website. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of any linked sites that you may access from our website before disclosing your personal information on them.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information and ensure it is accurate and up-to-date. Your personal information is held on secure servers or in storage located in controlled environments. Our employees and service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Access to and changing your personal information
You are welcome to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please attend the relevant property from which you want to request the information and complete a request for information form, including your full name, address, account or membership number (if relevant), and signature. If you are unable to attend our properties to make a request, you can obtain a copy of the request for information form from the relevant property’s website and send the completed form to us using the details below.
PO Box Q192
QVB Post Office
Treasury Casino & Hotel
PO Box 2488
Jupiters Hotel & Casino
PO Box 1515
PO Box 1223
Please click here to access the The Star Request of Information Form
Please click here to access the Treasury Casino & Hotel Request of Information Form
Please click here to access the Jupiters Hotel & Casino Request of Information Form
Please click here to access the Jupiters Townsville Request of Information Form
A copy of your information will generally be made available to you within 30 days. However, there are circumstances under the National Privacy Principles in which we are not required to give you access to personal information. We will let you know if one of these exceptions applies to your request.
If we intend to charge you a fee for us to find the information you have requested, we will inform you of this cost before we provide the information to you.
If you find that your personal information is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know.
If you have a question or need to contact a particular Echo Entertainment Group business in relation to privacy, please contact us using the details below:
Your sensitive information
We do not generally collect personal information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or criminal records, or health information.
If we do, we will only collect such information where:
- we are required to do so under a law that applies to our business, for example to comply with our obligations to maintain the security and integrity of our venues; or
- we have obtained your consent.
Situations in which we may collect sensitive information from you include:
- if you apply for a job with Echo Entertainment Group; or
- if you use our gambling venues, we may keep a record of criminal offences that you have committed, for example, where we are required to do this under laws that apply to our business.
Sending information overseas
We will only transfer personal information overseas:
- in circumstances where we are reasonably sure that the same (or substantially the same) principles that we apply will also be applied to the protection of your personal information overseas; or
- where we have obtained your consent to the transfer.
Company e-mail addresses
Electronic addresses are published on our websites are for professional communications only and this is not an invitation to send unsolicited commercial e-mails that are not related to our business